- January 14, 2019
- Posted by: discovery
- Category: News
All foreigners coming to Pakistan need a valid passport. Tourists from the following countries do not need visa to enter Pakistan for the period specified as under;
- Iceland, Maldives and Zambia for 3 months.
- Hong Kong, Nepal and Western Samoa, for 1 month.
- Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, for unlimited period
Requirement for Visa Application
Valid passport, 02 passport-size photographs, completed application form, confirmed return/onward air-ticket (if travelleing by air) and proof of sufficient amount of foreign currency. Visa fee varies from country to country and type of visa.
Validity of Visa and other Information
- Visa once issued, can be utilized within 6 months from the date of issue or as provided for.
- A single journey entry visa is valid for a stay up to 3 months unless other wise provided.
- Multiple journey visa is valid for a stay of 5 months at one time. Any number of journeys (normally six) during a specified period not exceeding one year, are allowed on such visas.
- Double entry visa can be issued to genuine tourists by Pakistani embassies abroad, if they possess return/onward air tickets and sufficient amount of foreign currency.
- Visa extension (maximum up to 3 months) is granted by Regional Passport & Immigration Offices in major cities of Pakistan (Rawalpindi, Islamabad, Lahore, Peshawar, Karachi and Quetta etc.).
- Fresh visa is not required to travel from one province to another province of Pakistan, however, permission is needed for visit to some restricted areas. Please contact any PTDC Tourist Information Centre for details in this regard.
- Visitors staying over 30 days need to register themselves with the District Foreigners Registration Office within 30 days of their arrival in Pakistan. They should get a resident permit from the Registration Office in exchange to the temporary registration (form ‘C’) issued to them by Immigration authorities at the time of entry. Indian and Afghan visitors are required to obtain Police Registration within 24 hours of their arrival in Pakistan.
Visa on Arrival for tourist groups
Visa On Arrival (VOA) will be allowed for one month validity and stay (Multiple) to Group Tourists of following 24 Tourists Friendly Countries (TFC) through designated Tour Operators in Pakistan subject to the following conditions:-
i. The case will be submitted through designated/authorized tour operators only;
ii. The concerned tour operator will also submit undertaking to the effect that the tourists will be their responsibility and that they will not illegally overstay beyond validity of visa;
iii. If required, the same tour operators will apply, before expiry of visa for further extension upto 30 days; and
iv. The concerned tour operators will submit a confirmation about exit of the said tourists, after their actual leaving the country.
List of Tourist Friendly Countries (TFC)
Name of the Country