2 Days Trip to Lahore & Kartarpur2 Days Tour Package
Lahore, Urdu Lāhawr, second largest city of Pakistan and the capital of Punjab province. It lies 811 miles (1,305 km) northeast of Karāchi in the upper Indus plain on the Rāvi River, a tributary of the Indus. Lahore consists of an old city area flanked on the southeast by newer commercial, industrial, and residential areas that are in turn ringed by suburbs. The old city was at one time surrounded by a wall and a moat, but these structures have been replaced, except in the north, by parklands. A circular road around the rampart provides access to the old city by 13 gates. Notable structures within the old city include the mosque of Wazīr Khān (1634) and Lahore Fort. A walled complex that covers some 36 acres (14.5 hectares), the fort is a splendid example of Mughal architecture; it was partially built by Akbar (reigned 1556–1605) and extended by the next three emperors. The mosque and the fort are decorated in marble and kashi, or encaustic tile work. Other historic landmarks include the Bādshāhī (Imperial) Mosque, built by Aurangzeb and still one of the largest mosques in the world; the 14-foot- (4.3-metre-) long Zamzama, or Zam-Zammah, a cannon that is immortalized (along with other details of the city) in Rudyard Kipling’s novel Kim (1901); Ranjit Singh’s buildings and mausoleum; the Shāhdara gardens, containing the tomb of the Mughal emperor Jahāngīr; and the magnificent Shālīmār Garden, laid out east of the city in 1642 by Shāh Jahān as a refuge for the royal family. Jahān’s refuge consists of about 80 acres (32 hectares) of terraced, walled gardens, with about 450 fountains. The fort and Shālīmār Garden were collectively designated a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1981.
The first guru of Sikhism, Guru Nanak, founded Kartarpur in 1504 AD on the right bank of the Ravi River. The name Kartarpur means “place of God”. Here all people, irrespective of their religion or caste, lived together, representing the first ‘Sikh commune’. After his travels for about 20 years, Guru Nanak settled in Kartarpur along with his family. Following his death in 1539, Hindus and Muslims both claimed him as their own, and raised mausoleums in his memory with a common wall between them. The changing course of the Ravi River eventually washed away the mausoleums. But Guru Nanak’s son saved the urn containing his ashes and reburied it on the left bank of the river, where a new habitation was formed, representing the present day Dera Baba Nanak.
At the location Guru Nanak is believed to have died, the Gurdwara Kartarpur Sahib was built. It is considered to be the second holiest site for the Sikh religion.
During the 1947 partition of India, the region got divided across India and Pakistan. The Radcliffe Line awarded the Shakargarh tehsil on the right bank of the Ravi river, including Kartarpur, to Pakistan, and the Gurdaspur tehsil on the left bank of Ravi to India.
On 9th November 2019, Prime Minister Imran Khan inaugurated the opening of a cross-border Kartarpur Corridor allowing Indian Sikhs to visit Pakistan without a visa. On same day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Kartarpur corridor at Dera Baba Nanak, Gurdsapur, India and flagged off the first Jatha (batch) of over 500 Indian pilgrims thanking Prime Minister Khan for “respecting the sentiments of India” towards the shrine across the border that marks the final resting place of Sikhism founder Guru Nanak Dev.
Under the leadership of Akal Takht Jathedar Giani Harpreet Singh, the first Jatha traveled through the corridor into Pakistan to pay obeisance at Gurdwara Darbar Sahib Kartarpur which included former Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh. The delegation also included ex-PM’s wife, Gursharan Kaur, Chief Minister of Punjab, Captain Amarinder Singh, Navjot Singh Sidhu, Sunny Deol, and 150 Indian parliamentarians
ATTRACTIONS : – Sahi Masjid – Shahi Fort – Minar-e-Pakistan Monument – Wahga Border – Kartarpur Corridor
- 07:00 AM: Meet Up at Discovery Air Services, (Travel & Tours)(091) 5270008,
- 11/5, Opposite Green Hotel, Main Saddar Raod, Peshawar, Pakistan
- 07:30 AM: Departure
- 01:30 PM: Arrival at Lahore
- Walk towards the Badshahi Masjid and Shahi Qila (Fort
- Gossips, Talk Shawk, Stay, Photography and enjoyment on the site
- 2:30 PM: Get together and Travel to Wahga Border
- 3:30 PM: Arrival at Wahga Flag Parade Ground
- 5:00 PM: Back to Lahore and Check-In Hotel
- 7:30 PM: Dinner will be served
- Overnight Stay
- 06:30 AM: Wake-up Call
- 07:00 AM: Breakfast
- 08:00 AM: Checkout and Departure for Kartarpur
- 11:00 AM: Arrival at Kartarpur and Visit of all the site
- 02:00 PM: Departure back to Peshawar
- 08:00 PM: Arrival at Peshawar
End of Services with Happy Memories
✓Luxury Transport (2-Way)
✓ Breakfast & Dinner
✓Local Area Guide (If Needed or Provided)
✓ Basic First Aid Kit
✗Camps/Tents/Hiking Gear/Boating or Swimming Gear
✗Beverages & Phone calls or other expenses of personal nature
✗Extra expenses due to road blocks or other reason
✗Any Extra Expenses or Anything not mentioned above
Confirm your booking with 50% in Advance Payment & Remaining 50% will be paid at the time departure
- Discovery Family strictly follows below terms and conditions, you are supposed to read all
- The members shall not be indulged in any act reflecting moral or character failing during the activities.
- Using drugs or found party to drug sale or possession is strictly prohibited. If anyone finds or caught using any kind of drug will be expelled from the trip right away on the spot and the person will not be eligible for any kind of refund.
- Use of violent behavior including altercation, insinuations of indecent kind, verbal and physical abuse and assault, aggravated behavior, or any other act amounting to unbecoming of member are strictly prohibited.
- All members would give extra care for the local environmental care. Garbage (tins. Water bottles, wrappers etc) shall be suitably disposed without polluting water sources.
- The host reserves the right to cancel trip without prior notice for any reasons deemed appropriate by them. In such a case the registered participants will receive full refund.
- During the trip, the itineraries may be affected by reasons beyond control of the hosts like un availability of hotels after the closing date of registrations. In such situation, organizers will not be held responsible in any case.
- On steep ascends in mountainous areas, air conditioned of the buses will be operational on on-off basis to keep the vehicles from overheating
- Every humanly possible care will be taken for the safety of members, still each venture can be fraught with endangers of unforeseen natural disasters like avalanches and crevasse falls or any other accidents and sometimes such disasters cannot be ruled out. In any such type of accident during the whole tour, the company, group leader and the tour organizers will not be held responsible in any form.
- In case of theft, lost or damage to personal belongings during the duration of the trip, organizers will not be held responsible in any case.
- On adventure trek of this type, weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors beyond the control of organizers can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the Leader and Guide will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group.
- Payment Policy:
- 50% payment for confirmation of Booking / Registration
- All payment should be handover to organisers at the start of trip.
- Amount more than 5 lac can be paid in two installments.
- Easy paisa or Bank deposit slips should be provided at the time of Departure
- Cancellation Policy:
- 24 HRS or less, 100% cancellation charges does apply.
- 48 HRS or less, 100% cancellation charge does apply.
- 3 days or more– 50% cancellation charge does apply.
- 7 days or more – 30% cancellation charge does apply.
- 20% deduction charges for “Early booking discount” holders on cancellation after 7 days will be applicable.
- In case of refund, Company will make refund within 6 working days.
- Organizers reserve the right to assign seats in the Coaster/Hi Roof/Hi Ace/Jeep.
- The Organizers reserves the right to use group photos for electronic/digital media.
- Smoking in the transport is strictly prohibited.
- The Organizers reserves the right to terminate / regret any participant due to indiscipline; without any refund.
- Food shall be decided by the management (You can ask for the menu)
- Menu can be changed subject to availability etc.