Kalash Festival Uchal 20196 Days Tour Package
20th – 22nd August 2019
UCHAL is one of the famous religious festivals of the Kalash community celebrated by the Kalasha people every year on 20-22 August for the harvest and threshing of wheat crop in the three valleys of Bumburate, Birir and Rumbur.
Uchal festival provides an opportunity to the community to pay homage to nature by celebrating the harvest and also thanking their Creator for blessing them with good food and crops. They take a procession to a high plateau which is located outside of the village in Balangkuru and they pray to the Creator and this is where the long night of dancing begins.
The Kalashi people celebrate the pre-harvest with cheese, corn, and wine. The people of the Kalash valley love music and dance to the beat of drums. Women dance in a circle on different songs. An interesting fact about Kalashi people is that they do not mourn the deaths, rather they celebrate it as a movement of happy return of their soul to God. The best gift the Kalasha people expect from the friend is a big dance for the departed soul.
(18 Aug) Islamabad – Chitral:
Departure for Chitral by Luxury public transport or Private Car/coaster via Motorway passing through Lawari -tunnel (3118m). The journey will be 10 hours’ drive, arrive in Chitral and transfer to the hotel
(19 Aug) Chitral – Bumburat (Kalash)
Departure for Kalash valley, the 2-3 hours’ drive to Kalash village will be through the most interesting narrow jeep track, arrive and transfer to the hotel or camping site.
(20-22 Aug) Bumburat/Rumbor (Kalash)
Enjoy the Uchal festival in Bumburat and Rumbor village in Kalash valley
(23 Aug) Kalash – Chitral:
Drive back to Chitral, arrive and evening transfer to bus or special Car to Islamabad.
- Transportation (Luxury Bus, Car and Coaster) and return air ticket Islamabad to Islamabad for Executive package.
- Standard Accommodation (Hoteling& camping)
- Standard Meals (Breakfast + Lunch+ Dinner)
- Local Jeep/Car and Land Cruisor services for Executive package per itinerary
- Fuel and driver Expense
- Services of guide throughout the tour
- Medication, evacuation and rescue, etc
- Extra expenses due to road blocks or other reason
- Other expenditure of personal nature
- Tea, Mineral water and Cold drinks expense
- Personal insurances of clients
- Anything not mentioned in the itinerary
Confirm your booking with 50% in Advance Payment & Remaining 50% will be paid at the time departure
- Discovery Family strictly follows below terms and conditions, you are supposed to read all
- The members shall not be indulged in any act reflecting moral or character failing during the activities.
- Using drugs or found party to drug sale or possession is strictly prohibited. If anyone finds or caught using any kind of drug will be expelled from the trip right away on the spot and the person will not be eligible for any kind of refund.
- Use of violent behavior including altercation, insinuations of indecent kind, verbal and physical abuse and assault, aggravated behavior, or any other act amounting to unbecoming of member are strictly prohibited.
- All members would give extra care for the local environmental care. Garbage (tins. Water bottles, wrappers etc) shall be suitably disposed without polluting water sources.
- The host reserves the right to cancel trip without prior notice for any reasons deemed appropriate by them. In such a case the registered participants will receive full refund.
- During the trip, the itineraries may be affected by reasons beyond control of the hosts like un availability of hotels after the closing date of registrations. In such situation, organizers will not be held responsible in any case.
- On steep ascends in mountainous areas, air conditioned of the buses will be operational on on-off basis to keep the vehicles from overheating
- Every humanly possible care will be taken for the safety of members, still each venture can be fraught with endangers of unforeseen natural disasters like avalanches and crevasse falls or any other accidents and sometimes such disasters cannot be ruled out. In any such type of accident during the whole tour, the company, group leader and the tour organizers will not be held responsible in any form.
- In case of theft, lost or damage to personal belongings during the duration of the trip, organizers will not be held responsible in any case.
- On adventure trek of this type, weather, local politics, transport or a multitude of other factors beyond the control of organizers can result in a change of itinerary. It is, however, very unlikely that the itinerary would be substantially altered; if alterations are necessary the Leader and Guide will decide what is the best alternative, taking into consideration the best interests of the whole group.
- Payment Policy:
- 50% payment for confirmation of Booking / Registration
- All payment should be handover to organisers at the start of trip.
- Amount more than 5 lac can be paid in two installments.
- Easy paisa or Bank deposit slips should be provided at the time of Departure
- Cancellation Policy:
- 24 HRS or less, 100% cancellation charges does apply.
- 48 HRS or less, 100% cancellation charge does apply.
- 3 days or more– 50% cancellation charge does apply.
- 7 days or more – 30% cancellation charge does apply.
- 20% deduction charges for “Early booking discount” holders on cancellation after 7 days will be applicable.
- In case of refund, Company will make refund within 6 working days.
- Organizers reserve the right to assign seats in the Coaster/Hi Roof/Hi Ace/Jeep.
- The Organizers reserves the right to use group photos for electronic/digital media.
- Smoking in the transport is strictly prohibited.
- The Organizers reserves the right to terminate / regret any participant due to indiscipline; without any refund.
- Food shall be decided by the management (You can ask for the menu)
- Menu can be changed subject to availability etc.